Friday, September 01, 2006

Soapbox


I am attending classes in a grand old renovated building with wide,clean stairwells. I hear fellow students complaining every day about the long wait for the crowded elevators but I seldom encounter another person as I tread up and down those steps day after day. Are we so lazy that walking down several flights of safe, well lit stairs is just so hard or too much trouble? Are we so lazy that we'll pay a dollar an hour (cheap I know) to park rather than park for free just a few more feet away? I heard a group of students complaining about the money they lost when a local fitness center recently closed and yes, they were waiting for the elevator! Maybe I could start a group of stairwalkers......I'll keep walking the stairs as I ponder this...

No comments: