Monday, October 23, 2006

Cold Weather is here!

Windy, cold weather with the possibility of snow flurries in the surrounding mountains - with a hard frost likely tonight I pulled the lettuce from my little lettuce patch.
Spent the rest of the day after class studying and knitting - my current project is cotton washclothes knitted on size 5 needles making them thick and tightly woven. These needles were the first ones I bought when I learned to knit in elementary school. I figure they are close to 40 years old - one is a little bent and the color is worn from the tips. My first project was a long gone hairband but I still have a sweater I knitted in middle school.
With this cooler weather I'll be back to the YMCA to run .... will still be outside on the less windy days. Cold weather has arrived...

No comments: