Monday, March 26, 2007

Working at the beach...


Woke up to a beautiful sunrise on a cool late March morning....taught 16 attentive,polite students information that will help them pass the state board LPN licensure test. I forgot how long it has been since I was in the high school environment with the morning announcements and the Pledge of Allegiance.

After a quick trip to my hotel room to change clothes, I walked along the boardwalk and snapped this picture of a retro style walk up Dairy Queen ice cream shop. I enjoyed a messy,tasty pita sandwich at the Jewish Mother - mushrooms,peppers,tomatoes,cream cheese, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing - sort of like a veggie Reuben sandwich but then what would you expect at a restaurant named the Jewish Mother?

Walking back to my hotel I had to snap a picture of the signs discouraging obscene language....these signs were posted during an effort to make Virginia Beach more "family friendly". Wonder how they determine the effectiveness of this campaign?

No comments: