Wednesday, June 11, 2008

To Lancelot

Several cultivars of basil (but not purple ruffles) reside in my garden along with sage, thyme, rosemary, chives and curry.

Every day I scan the local newspaper and WSJ online and hope to catch at least a bit of ATC.

I often contemplate what sort of resistant bacteria may be at home in my nasal passages.

I remember long ago assisting in performing CPR on a patient who had recently received t-PA.

A robust cup of black coffee and a just ripening banana is a favorite breakfast of mine.

I strive to cook without using animal products but tend to forsake that when dining out.

I have been told I am self contained and able to always entertain myself.

I am surprised and a little embarrassed when face to face comments about my musings are verbalized.

I enjoy reading about the excesses of fine dining.

3 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

I suppose it won't lay waste to this valorizing moment, to say that I was referring to your Travelocity gnome.

Take heart, today's widespread use of mupirocin in the nose won't work for anyone later, for those donning gowns or not.

Nana Sadie said...

Hmm....Interesting tidbits! One I can't decipher as I'm not versed in "medical" to that extent!
(who is Lancelot?)
*wink*
(((hugs)))

Σφιγξ said...

Chance
by Molly Peacock

may favor obscure brainy aptitudes in you
and a love of the past so blind you would
venture, always securing permission,
into the back library stacks, without food
or water because you have a mission:
to find yourself, in the regulated light,
holding a volume in your hands as you
yourself might like to be held. Mostly your life
will be voices and images. Information. You
may go a long way alone, and travel much
to open a book to renew your touch.